The Faction Hub

From the ashes of Gametrailers that sought out to thrash our private forums, we rose up and migrated from GT to create a site to preserve our independence from trolls, flamers, and other nonsense. WE WILL NOT DIE!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:39 pm

English major. My plan as of right now is to go for an MA in English, and then an MAT so I can teach (the requirements for the former fulfill some of the requirements for the latter, so you can take it as a sort of joint thing). One of my professors suggests that I should also apply for a teaching assistantship, which would mean I'd be teaching a class next fall and spring. On the one hand, that would certainly be the best thing I could do for my long-term options; on the other, I'm pretty terrified of the prospect of actually teaching college students.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:17 pm

You gotta start teaching sometime, right? Do you want college, high school, or lolelementary?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:06 pm

Community college would probably be ideal for me (would say regular college but I'm not really interested in having to worry about publishing research and all that), but I might need a PhD for that, and I kinda doubt I have the intelligence/work ethic to do that. So high school is probably the most likely. Elementary... yeah, no.

NO FUCKING SPOILERS, but how was the Ant-Man trailer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:52 pm

Be the coolest HS teacher.

It was okay; it's gonna be a small (hahahaha) movie compared to other blockbusters. That will hopefully be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:36 pm

I have no idea how excited I am for that movie, but I am certainly VERY interested in seeing how it turns out, given the obscurity of the character and all the drama surrounding the director.

One small detail which has been bugging me a ton: Marvel has seemingly taken to identifying the movie as the end of Phase Two, which makes no fucking sense to me. The phases, as far as I previously understood them, are supposed to lead up to and conclude with the Avengers. I have no idea why they can't just let Ant-Man be the start of phase three. This is literally entirely meaningless, and I seriously doubt it bothers anybody else, but it bothers me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:45 pm

No, I definitely understand you. I'm not bothered by it, but I thought Avengers would be the end of each phase as well. I'm wondering if in attempts to have Hank Pym somehow be responsible for Ultron this movie takes place before AoU, thus putting it in Phase 2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:11 pm

I finally played some of the Halo 5 beta. Then I went straight back to Dragon Age.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:45 pm

I finally beat Alien Isolation. It's probably my GoTY.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Squirrel500

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:09 pm

hey guys I have returned. I just beat a new play through of Catherine and working on persona q
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:08 am

Sup Squirrel!

I'm going through Black Flag now since I never beat it last year. I needed to beat it before touching Unity, but I may still not play Unity after Black Flag. The Evil Within and Destiny keep calling for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Squirrel500

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:55 pm

I have black flag but haven't played it in awhile, I couldn't get into it like some of the other assassin's creed games, I want the evil within it looks so creepy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:51 am

That's what happened to me, I played Black Flag's first sequence back when I got it a year ago, and I wasn't captured by it. Now since I have Unity I wanted to beat BF. I think it was worth it. It takes a few sequences before it gets really good, but when it does, it's really good. Probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite AC game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:02 pm

I FINALLY finished Dragon Age. Now maybe I can start to actually get some work done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:52 pm

Playing all these video games has been so lovely, I don't want to go back to working again.

Well today I "beat" Destiny. I got to Level 20 and I beat all the Story based missions and all of the Strike based missions. I have the season pass so I can play the new Story missions, but I'm not sure if I want to do that at the moment. Destiny is fun but it's repetitive and tedious. It's a weird game for me since I don't know how I totally feel about it. I like it for somethings and dislike it for other things. It's just a plain old average game I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:51 pm

My break was pretty much dominated by Dragon Age. I'd like to play some Telltale games next (TWD season 2 or The Wolf Among Us in particular) and perhaps Halo 2, but more likely Imma get lost in my work and not play anything. Oh well.

Agreed on all accounts regarding Destiny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:42 pm

I look forward to see what Bungie does with it for the next ten years. I'll definitely come back to it sometime this summer. It's not bad by any means, but it's sure as hell not the new big thing Bungie hyped it up to be.

My break was wonderful since I managed to play a beat Halo 2, 3, and 4, CoD: Ghosts, Tomb Raider, Alien: Isolation, and AC: Black Flag. I started Evil Within today, but I don't think I will be able to beat it before I go back. Not much gaming will be done while I go back. I actually have planned my summer. I'll get back, play Arkham Origins and get all the collectibles. Then I will get Arkham Knight and play the shit out of that. Then I think I'll play Destiny for a few days, try to catch up level wise, then maybe play some old Xbox 360 that I got from sales that I never got to play. Part of me wants to try to play all the Silent Hill games too. I know I already own the first game, you can get 2 and 3 in HD, 4 no luck, 5 and 6 are on PS3. We will see what happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Squirrel500

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:00 pm

I've been working on persona q, and new play through of red dead redemption and fallout 3 today. How is Evil Within Raam? is it as good as resident evil?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:52 am

I don't know if I can say too much since I am only half way through the third mission. I'm enjoying it so far. It's scary and intense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Squirrel500

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:57 pm

I really need to get that game, I'm hoping for a price drop for it soon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:41 pm

So on HBO's Girls this year, the main character is going to graduate school in Iowa. Only thing is, they filmed the campus scenes at my school, which is most certainly not in Iowa. This is the first time I've ever seen an area I'm intimately familiar with in film/television, and it's both weirding me out and taking me out of the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:18 pm

@Hammer: Did you ever see/hear them film there, or was it a complete surprise?

@Squirrel: Definitely pick this up if you like RE or survival/horror. I am on the eleventh mission now and I'm having a great experience with it. It's fun, scary, rewarding, and frustrating. The game can be hard at times, but not to the point that it's being cheap. The story isn't that great though.

@Sasuke: I was just comparing trophies with you and I completely forgot that we were gonna play Dead Space 3 on the hardest difficulty. I know this is weird, considering it's been like three years, but I just forgot. I'm sorry about that. With that in mind, I wanted to know if you (or really anyone here for that matter) would like to play some co-op games this summer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:49 pm

It filmed over the summer, so I wasn't there. But I had heard about it previously. Good thing; would have knocked me the fuck back if I hadn't.

I liked the first Dead Space, but I thought the second one was a drag, so I never bothered with 3. So I guess that counts me out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:37 pm

That's still pretty cool though. We had an episode of those home renovation shows filmed next door. I guess that's what we got.

It doesn't have to be DS3 though. Anything with co-op. I just realized I didn't play as many games with you guys as I would want. I'm surprised you didn't like DS2 though, I think the second game is the best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:09 pm

Ask again in the summer, and we'll see; have to see how busy I'm gonna be, i.e. if I'm gonna have an internship or job or some sort of occupation.

So my parents guilted me into agreeing to go to my graduation ceremony this May, and I'm really fucking dreading it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:12 pm

I really enjoy The Evil Within, y'all should check it out one of these days.

Don't worry about the ceremony.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY   

Back to top Go down

Home V7 THE FACTION FOUNDATION OF SONY
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next