The Faction Hub

From the ashes of Gametrailers that sought out to thrash our private forums, we rose up and migrated from GT to create a site to preserve our independence from trolls, flamers, and other nonsense. WE WILL NOT DIE!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Home V8 Someone set us up the thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:23 pm

That's how the 360 fanboys attacked us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quickstrike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:07 am

RAAM582 wrote:
That's how the 360 fanboys attacked us.
must have missed seeing that or don't remember XD

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:47 am

So how's life Quicky?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quickstrike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:04 pm

pretty well, been on my PS4 a lot playing FF XIV endlessly. Got a job at Wal-Mart as an overnight Stocker.

Life treating you guys good?

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:27 pm

Life is pretty good. I'm a junior thinking about switching majors so that's nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quickstrike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:04 am

If anyone follows baseball, the Cubs won the world series ending their 108 year drought of not winning the world series since 1908
http://www.wsj.com/articles/chicago-cubs-win-the-world-series-ending-108-year-drought-1478149589

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:53 pm

lolbaseball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:07 pm

Damn, I'm gone for a few days and suddenly there's a ghost when I come back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:02 am

Doctor Strange was quite dank.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:03 pm

I am really interested in seeing how long it takes until Marvel finally releases a genuine dud of a movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quickstrike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:31 pm

Captain Hammer wrote:
I am really interested in seeing how long it takes until Marvel finally releases a genuine dud of a movie.
Are you referring to the main stream of movies staring the Avengers? If so, it might take a while.

If you're referring to anything Marvel related, well Howard the Duck and the recent Fantastic 4 movie comes to mind.

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:34 am

Nah, Marvel Studios.

I'm honestly not expecting much from the next Ant-Man. I don't think it will be bad per say, but I think Ant-Man 1 is a bit overrated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quickstrike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:34 am

ladies and gentlemen, Trump is our next president, thoughts?

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:26 am

I'm in a state of mourning. Guess he's the President we deserve.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:30 am

And I thought my alcohol budget was too damn high already. Shit's going to go through the fucking roof for the next four years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:49 pm

I completely understand why she lost, I'm just sad that that meant he had to win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:52 pm

I blame the DNC for their actions against Bernie. Hilary ran on the basis that she "deserved" to be the first female president and that Trump is too crazy. Good job to the liberal mainstream media. Hope you're pleased. Americans were sick of you constantly shoving Hilary down our throats and saying "Well you sure as fuck can't vote for him, can you?" and look what happened. Fuck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:08 pm

I was relatively indifferent regarding the Hillary vs. Bernie competition; I thought they both had strengths and weaknesses, and I was prepared to support either one over the Republican nominee. But had the Republicans nominated somebody sane, I would have been able to understand why someone would look at Hillary's issues and the DNC's faults and decide to go the other way. But regardless of how flawed a candidate she was, she was still miles better than Orange McFuckface.

If only Biden had run. He'd have been a more palatable option for moderates than Bernie, but without Hillary's baggage. He would have won.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quickstrike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:50 pm

I was honestly surprised by Trump winning vs Hillary. It is sad that Bernie had a better chance to win vs Trump yet the DNC gave him the middle finger and rammed Hillary down everyone's throats which caused them to lose.

Another thing I can see helping Trump was some Hillary supporters constantly calling people a bigot, misogynist, racist, privileged asshole just for having a slightly different opinion about literally anything.

This tweet sums it up
https://twitter.com/WDFx2EU8/status/796442213425156096?lang=en

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:58 am

I think you're right in that the Clinton campaign clearly did not spend enough time trying to understand why certain people might have been drawn to Trump for reasons other than racism/sexism/xenophobia/Islamophobia/homophobia/whateverphobia. If they had been more proactive in addressing the concerns of those people, maybe things would have turned out differently. But just to play devil's advocate: even if someone doesn't feel those things, if they support a person who does, aren't they tacitly accepting them? It's like the dude on The Daily Show said last night: "We don't hate you, we just don't care about you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quickstrike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:19 am

It also didn't help that those e-mails were released exposing the toxic actions going on behind the scenes to undermine Bernie and Clinton being a flip-floper on a few subjects such as the TPP.

She literally called it the golden standard of trade deals and then when Bernie was getting major support going against it and trashing how bad it is, she suddenly came out against it.

Seriously, Wikileaks fired the torpedoes that sank the SS Clinton ship.

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:39 pm

That tweet is the exact reason. Republicans are fucking tired people pointing and laughing at them for being "dumb, racist, and sexist". Also. Republicans understand the system, they actually voted. There were about 10 million less votes for Clinton than there were for Obama in 08. They actually participate in the system, the Dems didn't this year. I thought maybe the surprise of Brexit would have turned people's brains on, but I guess Trump wasn't going to win for so many people, so why bother?

At the end of the day, Clinton played the identity game. She tried to appeal to people, Trump promised jobs and making America great, so he won. Fuck man, I don't know a single person who supported Hilary because they genuinely liked or believed her. She was simply the answer against Trump, whereas Trump supporters actually supported the guy.

But what's done is done. Democracy does what it does best. I'm not happy about it, but I don't think I'd be happy with Clinton either. The 2016 Election was an absolute shitshow and both parties really brought their worse candidates.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:38 pm

Regardless of how significant the percentage of his racist supporters are, it seems hard to deny that those people have been emboldened by his victory. Case in point: some piece of shit wrote some racist and xenophobic crap on the bathroom wall in one of the dorms at my school, which is incredibly liberal. If that can happen here, then I shudder to think of what things must be like in other parts of the country.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:56 pm

It's both sides at this point really. The liberals are rioting and wrecking shit just as bad as the radical Republicans. I really lost a lot of sympathy and respect for them. I honestly don't think I can identity with any party at this point, and that's heartbreaking. The Democratic party, the party I identified with, is turning to the tactics of the radical Republicans. Maybe I was in denial that they would be better than this.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:12 am

It certainly is ironic that after all the talk about the GOP needing to recalibrate themselves after this shitshow of an election (and that will probably still need to happen at some point), it's the Democrats who need to figure their shit out in the immediate aftermath. But really, the best thing that could happen (and the thing that almost certainly won't) is for both parties to get to a point where they don't feel the need to demonize each other. We'd be a hell of a lot better off if everybody could just respect the differences of opinions in one another.

Except for people who like Zack Snyder. Those people are straight-up barbarians whose opinions hold no weight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   

Back to top Go down

Home V8 Someone set us up the thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 20 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next