The Faction Hub

From the ashes of Gametrailers that sought out to thrash our private forums, we rose up and migrated from GT to create a site to preserve our independence from trolls, flamers, and other nonsense. WE WILL NOT DIE!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Home V8 Someone set us up the thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:21 am

Nah fuck spiders. I'd shit myself if I got near a Black Widow that wasn't Scarlet Johansson.

Speaking of spiders, Homecoming is getting surprisingly good reviews.

Speaking of Spider-Man, E3 was only good for Anthem, Days Gone, Battlefront 2, SoTC remake, and the Spider-Man game. Pretty lame year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quickstrike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:38 am

I would be more hyped for the SoTC remake if it included the cut colossus that was originally in the game. They had like 32 or so at first then cut it by half.

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:52 pm

I think it's better that they are staying true to the Director's vision of the game. He said he didn't want them adding any of the cut Colossi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quickstrike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:28 pm

SGDQ is going on right now! A week long marathon to collect money for charity.
https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:56 pm

I'm not too surprised about Homecoming getting good reviews. Civil War made it clear that they absolutely nailed it by casting Holland, and it's seemed clear from the beginning that their intention was to fully embrace the high school aspect of the character, which is exactly what Raimi and Webb should have done more. I fully expect to enjoy the movie more than any other Spidey film to date.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:14 pm

I'm amazed by the reviews. Really didn't expect anything higher than a 85 on RT, yet it's at a 93 with about half the reviews it will end up with. It will probably end up around a 89-91.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:55 pm

I saw it and liked it a lot. I've got two main problems with it: 1) it makes absolutely no fucking sense that nobody knows that Peter is Spidey, and 2) while I certainly didn't want them to re-do the entire origin story, they could have done more to give us SOME specific details for how it all went down for THIS particular version of the character. But nevertheless, Holland is the Spider-Man of my dreams, the high school elements of the film were great, and the villain was actually good!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:13 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:47 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:30 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:05 pm

Ugh. I wanted to see Dunkirk today but I had to buy birthday stuff for my lady friend instead and now I can't see it until next week. Life is shitty...

How's the internship going, Raam?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:49 pm

A solid 6.5. I'm not liking it.

Who's this lady friend?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:11 pm

Sorry the internship's not doing it for you. School's back pretty soon, though. Yay!

The lady friend is someone I've known from school for a few years. We started going out a while back. She's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:35 am

You never told us you had a girlfriend. Cool Captain.

The past two weeks of the internship have actually been pretty good and rewarding, but it's a shame they gave me this project after 8 weeks of doing shit.

You guys, all 2-3 of you out there, still enjoy playing video games? I'm not sure if I'm "growing out" of it, or if my depression is just making me not motivated to do the things I once enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:05 am

I certainly don't play as much as I used to. There are a few reasons for that. Part of it is simply the lack of time/funds, part of it is that my other interests tend to outweigh it nowadays, part of it is the fact that this generation of games has been pretty lackluster, and yeah, maybe part of it is simply growing up a bit. There are still some games that I'm gonna prioritize - The Last of Us Part 2, for instance - but the days of me playing games every single day are a thing of the past.

Is it just video games that you feel less interested in? Are there any other hobbies you have that you've lost interest in as well?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:49 pm

There's definitely games I'm looking forward to like TLoU 2, RDR 2, Spider-Man, etc. And I will definitely get those and games and beat them, but I used to play so many games, and now I just... don't. I have time to this summer, but when the time comes around, I'd rather do something else like browse the internet or watch a movie/tv show.

I don't really have any other hobbies. I don't play sports or anything like that.

I'll probably play a couple hours of BF1 each week, but I could play through a bunch different games, but I just don't want to. I still need to beat Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3, Fallout 4, Wolfenstein DLC, the Metro games, Witcher 3, etc. I really want to get the new Wolfenstein, Resident Evil, Battlefront, but I know once I get them, I won't play them as much as I would before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:47 pm

It's not the end of the world if you don't want to spend quite as much time gaming as you used to. But I do think it's important to have things to reinvest that time in. You wanna have stuff to look forward to, you know? So if you do think that your lack of interest is the result of depression, I hope you're being proactive in trying to deal with that. And if you ever want to talk about it, I'm here; I've got my own history of dealing with that disease, and while nowadays I feel like I'm finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, it's still a challenge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:22 pm

I have things that I do look forward to in life, it's just that I really didn't expect to stop enjoying playing video games to the extent that I have in the past year or so. I'll survive, but thanks for the advice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:37 pm

Not fucking ready for school to start up again next week...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:46 am

But aren't you the master this time?

I moved into my new house that my friends and are renting this year just two days ago. First time I've ever done something like this, so it should be interesting.

Developed a crush for a woman who worked at that internship, so that sucks.

Classes start Monday, so that sucks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:12 am

God, can't believe I went that long without posting. Sorry, bruh; life's been crazy busy.

How's living on your own treating ya? I fucking rejoiced when I moved out of the dorms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:08 pm

It's pretty great, I'm really enjoying it. It actually feels like I move away from school after each day when I drive home whereas in dorms you felt like you were constantly at school. It just feels nice to have a home like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
biospank

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:52 pm

sup folks how has life been treating ya?
For me it's been fucked up, got ckd and got addicted to a benzo. I'm training like an idiot also Knack2 plays like gow which kinda boogles my mind.

Also since I've got nothing better to do, I'm fucking around in unreal engine 4 and using zbrush to create a character mesh and using blender to low poly the shit out of the mesh, later to export it to zbrush for details.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:55 pm

Holy shit, it's Biospank.

Good God, you are someone I have not talked to in literal years.

I'm sorry that you got addicted to some stuff, are you getting help?

I don't even remember the last time I talked to you, but it must have been before I went to college. I went to college for Game Development, switched to Web and Mobile Computing 3.5 years into it, now I've got three semesters left (including the one I'm half way through) then I'll be outta here. Life has been fun, meet some nice friends here. I think that's about it on my end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
biospank

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:58 am

Yeah, it's been a really long time.

No, the medication I'm getting is for helping me deal with the world, it's called clonazepam so I'm taking 0,5mg x 3 times a day.

What did you learn in game development? was it just messing around in Maya or 3ds max? Or did you use some licensed game engines?
I would say that Web and Mobile computing is a good choice.
Good to hear RAAM582 that life has been good to you, do you have me on PSN? We could chat there or on steam.

Do you go to a chan?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   

Back to top Go down

Home V8 Someone set us up the thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 27 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next